Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ready or not here I come

Ready our not here I come!!

October 13th Wes and I recieved one of the most shocking life changing news anyone could recieve. He had just got home from surgery on his septic knee and I was feeling a little ran down, tired and extra cranky, brushing it off thinking it had just been a long week. I didn't think much of it but couldn't shake the feeling to take a pregnancy test.I always have pregnancy tests laying around and for some odd reason I decided to take one just to clear my mind. The one and only time I was brave enough to actually look at the thing, sure as sure it was positive, before the control line even showed up to be exact. I sat in the bathroom for a while in shock and didn't quite know how to break the news to Wes as he was outside the door yelling that we needed to go get his IV antibiotics. He was a little suspicious of me going in there with something clinched in my hand anyways! I decided not to say anything, but as soon as I walked out and saw him tears instantly came. To my surprise Wes was Wes and just said "huh.. Well I knew it was coming" and continued to hobble out of the house on crutches.  I was still in shock and tried to gather composure ( I have no idea why I was so upset) as we were driving down to Nephi, the car ride was silent. After a couple more tests and a few mornings of morning sickness's the shock wore off and excitement struck. Not sure of my dates and not even missing a period yet we decided to get blood work done. Later that night the doctor called me in shock and said I was indeed pregnant and my levels were sky high!!
"Sky high, "my heart sank as Wes and I were sitting in Red Robin. My levels were tripled what they were suppose to be so that either ment there was more than one (eeek) or a molar pregnancy which meant just the sack with no baby. Again I bawled (yes thats all I did the first little while) not really knowing which one to hope for. I wanted to be pregnant but not with 15 kids.. We went in for an ultrasound later that day and this is what we saw!!!

From that moment our little peanut had us wrapped around her little whatever she had at that moment!
I'm sure all of you mom's know exactly what I mean when you see your baby for the first time but it is seriously unreal. To see this little thing with a tiny heart beating is just undescribable.
Wes didn't want to tell anyone until Christmas and me not being able to keep a secret and being sick everyday all day we agreed on Thanksgiving. Well we ended up breaking the news Nov 20th. Our families were estatic and many tears and smiled were shared!
December our little peanut made her first trip to the NFR and was not a happy camper, the smoke the smells and all the above made me a hermit in our room and Wes a runner to Mcdonalds at all hours on the early morning.  We all survived and Wes had a good finals and some awesome rides despite all his injuries. January the morning sickness finally started to wear off and January 3rd we seen this!!

We found out our little monster who I was so sure was a he was actually a SHE!!!
Wes knew it the whole time and I was so sure it was a boy!! Daddy's always right... Well this time anyways!
A couple nights before we found out he was relaxing in the tub and I was laying on the couch he walked in and said "It's a girl I know it,"
Working in Radiology we were able to sneak a peek. Our little inmodest peanut was showing all she had and sure enough "he was a she"!!! You couldn't knock the smile off of her daddy's face!

Feb 9th we had another chance to take a peek of our little bundle of joy for her 20 week ultrasound. She was 15 oz and quite the little fighter. She was not happy about the prob poking at her but before the exam was finished she waved hello to her mommy and daddy!!
So in love!!

This is our baby girl at 32 weeks!! I couldn't stand it any more and snuck in for one last peek at my baby girl before she was born! All in all it was the longest 9 month with all the morning sickness's, rashes, hernia, stretchmarks (lots of tears shed over those bad boys), heart burn, and just flat out being huge I was so ready for this little girl to be born.  For 4 weeks I was at 90% and a puny 1 cm. My nose, face, lips and all the above were stretched to their max and I was a beaut.  My feet and legs were at stage 3 for adema and you could literally press on them and they would indent for a good five mins. Wes was getting into his busiest time of the year and with the doc saying she could arrive any day the last couple weeks were a little stressful. Rivers was due on Jun 17th , which happend to be Fathers Day, perfect right?? Well not for this little one, she decided she liked the 18th better, and well Wes and I did too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment